Monday, January 26, 2015

Celestial Kingdom

Mother! 

Well we had transfers today... and I get the opportunity to go to a different Zone! I am a little sad and a little happy! I am sad to leave my ward, my district, my zone, my converts, my investigadores. But I am really excited to get to know other people and have more experiences. I want to share only one experience and one scripture. 

Well to start off this Sunday was one of the better Sundays that I have had in a while. Because our investigadores finally came to church!!! After waiting, and waiting and waiting some more they finally came! That made me so happy to see that they are trying their best to do the right things. But one experience really touched my heart this past week. This Sunday a lady and her daughter contacted us after church ended. She told us that she wanted to hear what the missionaries had to say because her daughter is a member of the church. So we took down her address and the next day in the afternoon we visited her and her husband. We were talking and turns out that they want to get married. 

But that isn't the experience I wanted to share... the experience that I want to share came from her daughter. We started to talk about the Celestial Kingdom and how only we can enter if we get married according to the commandments. I was searching rapidly for a scripture to share when somehow I came across this scripture in D&C 131:1-3

Which says: 

  En la gloria celestial hay tres cielos o grados;
  y para alcanzar el más alto, el hombre tiene que entrar en este orden del sacerdocio [es decir, el nuevo y sempiterno convenio del matrimonio];
  y si no lo hace, no puede alcanzarlo.
ENGLISH:
 In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;
 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into thisorder of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
 And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.
When I started to read this... I can't even explain my feelings. It was something totally different. But after, the daughter shared an experience that I will never forget. She told us she had dreamed about the Celestial Kingdom. At first I thought she was a little crazy but then she told us her story about how there was a place that was all white and that she was holding hands with Christ and walking on a path with him. She told us at the end of her dream Christ said,
" Don't worry they are in good care." 
When she finished I have never felt the Spirit in such a way before. When we finished the lesson there was a great spirit that was in the house. And when we were walking back to our room I was reflecting the scripture above. And I knew that one day this family will be sealed for time and all eternity. But it is going to take some time. 
God has given us time here to become like Him
Elder Spencer 

No comments:

Post a Comment