Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 29, 2014

Hola everyone!

My time here in the CCM has flown by! I only have two more weeks left and each day has been filled with so much learning by the Spirit and of the Spirit! When I first arrived here I didn't really know what to expect and I can tell you now it is hard. Everyday you need to pray for strength and an open mind. My companion has helped me a lot during these weeks here in the CCM. He is a real blessing in my life and I am glad God put him in my path because he can relate to me. The CCM has been a humbling experience as it comes to a close. I have needed to rely on the Lord more then I ever have in my life. He hears and answers all of your prayers no matter what the circumstance.

This past week has flown by so fast, and I can't believe it is almost over and that I am almost to Peru! I want to share with you some of the experiences that have happened over this last week!
So last week we had the opportunity to go to the Mexico City Temple! But unfortunately it was closed for re-modeling which was a downer. But we got to have a tour of the Visitors Center and that was the coolest thing ever! Towards the end of the tour we watched a church movie about Families. During that movie it hit me that I am going out to teach the people of Peru that families can be together forever through the Plan of Salvation. When that thought hit me I started to tear up and I pictured myself in Peru in a shanty old house teaching the Peruvians this principle! It blew my mind that the Lord has entrusted me with this sacred calling. At that moment I didn't feel like I was up to the Lord's standards. But sure enough, I was reassured by the Spirit in that moment that I was. That was an amazing feeling to know without a doubt that the Lord trusts you with His work.

The next day we found out we would be teaching real investigators or members that volunteered in this activity called TRC. I was not looking forward to this. I didn't really want to go. But I knew that these people were here to be taught and remember. So my companion and I were sitting in a room waiting for the members. We had sort of planned but not really. They came into the room and we introduced ourselves. Their names were Gloria and her daughter Stephanie. And then we began teaching, trying to be led by the Spirit. And during the lesson I could feel that the girl, Stephanie, needed something but I didn't know what. So after we taught them, they left and after my companion Elder Glover said he got the same prompting too. We were so frustrated that we didn't follow the prompting. All in all the lesson was very spiritual and you could tell that they wanted to change.

If I could put into words the things that I have learned while here in the CCM, it would be a long list. So I will make it short. I have learned that if we put our faith and trust in the Lord, anything is possible. No matter what we are going through, the Lord cares and is always there to help!

Hope things are well with everyone! Would love to hear from all of you that read this! Have a great week!
nathaniel.spencer@myldsmail.net

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment