Monday, March 7, 2016

Alma and Amulek

Hello mother!

This week we will be having a training with general authority this week the 10th of March!!

Well this week has been a really good week. We had a baptism this week But this week has 2 baptism and we are super stoked. This week flew by so fast! I can't believe that these 2 years are almost up! But for that reason we have to work harder. We found a family that is really amazing that want to come to church and also get married. I know they will get baptized. We will see! I was Reading a part of Alma that really struck my interest. It is when Amulek is talking and arguing with Zeezrom. But something interesting happens at first in Chap 11 they start off telling us about their money system. When I was Reading that I was like what? Why are they telling us about this? This makes no sense? Then I keep Reading until verses 21,22,23 when I realized what was going on. It lists a bunch of money and says that all those are like unto an Ontie. Zeezrom offered amulek 6 onties if he would deny the existence of God. But he said no. 21 And this Zeezrom beganto question Amulek, saying: Will ye answer me a few questions which I shall ask you? Now Zeezromwas a man who was expert‍ in the devices‍ of the devil, that he might destroy that which was good;therefore, he said unto Amulek: Will ye answer the questions which I shall put unto you?

21 And this Zeezrom began to question Amulek, saying: Will ye answer me a few questions which Ishall ask you? Now Zeezrom was a man who was expert‍ in the devices‍ of the devil, that he mightdestroy that which was good; therefore, he said unto Amulek: Will ye answer the questions which Ishall put unto you?
 22 And Amulek said unto him: Yea, if it be according to the Spirit‍ of the Lord, which is in me; for Ishall say nothing which is contrary to the Spirit of the Lord. And Zeezrom said unto him: Behold,here are six onties of silver, and all these will I give‍ thee if thou wilt deny the existence of a SupremeBeing.
 23 Now Amulek said: O thou child‍ of hell, why tempt‍ ye me? Knowest thou that the righteousyieldeth to no such temptations?

I love the courage that Amulek had to say no!

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment