Monday, December 14, 2015

What I am Learning

Mother,

This week has been really strange... So many weird things have happened--so many things that is is hard to remember them all. But I will try my best. I am learning a lot here in the mission. I have been able to break out of my shell and stand for what is right. With the Peruvian people and the missionaries that are here in the mission, I have learned how to keep a cool head in the heat of adversity. I have learned patience. I have learned how to communicate so that they understand. I have learned the importance of the Atonement of Christ. I have learned the importance of his ministry. I have learned compassion and love. I have learned that the scriptures are the gateway to a healthy life with Christ. I have learned the power of prayer. I have learned that the Spirit wants me to learn so many things. I have learned that God is not far from us but is with us. I have learned how to put my trust in Him. I have learned that when there are problems there always is a solution.  I have learned how to put off my personal desires to complete the desires of others. I have learned how to care for everyone. What I have learned you can only learn here.
This Christmas we are going have a Christmas activity as a mission! It should be fun... I hope! We will see. I hope all is well with you all I know and I have learned that God is looking after you all. I know we can receive His guidance if we do what is right! I will be emailing you guys next week to coordinate the Christmas call that we have all been waiting for!!
Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment